Starting from Junction Pools campground this return walk in Barrington Tops National Park takes you past Aeroplane Hill summit and Black Swamp campground to Careys Peak Lookout. You'll see some rare and threatened species of plants and wildlife that are endemic only to this region. Let us begin by acknowledging the Biripi & Worimi people, Traditional Custodians of the land on which we travel today, and pay our respects to their Elders past and present.
Before you start any bushwalk ensure you;
• Tell someone you trust where you are going and what to do if you are overdue
• Have adequate equipment, supplies, skills & knowledge for the whole journey
• Consider the impact of weather forecasts, park/track closures & fire dangers
• Can respond to emergencies & call for help at any point
• Are healthy and fit enough for this journey.
If not, change plans and stay safe. It is okay to delay and ask people for help.