This walk starts near the Lakeside Carpark on Aughtie Drive, Albert Park, and loops around Albert Park Lake. Enjoy a walk around the iconic lake on a flat track, with panoramic views of Melbourne’s ever-growing skyline. Albert Park is home to a plethora of events, from runs to cycling events, pet-friendly meetups, water activities, and the Australian Grand Prix. Visitors will often see boats sailing and people canoeing and kayaking. Fishing is also popular, as is bird-watching. There are many black swans, ducks, and other birds to be seen. There are nine picturesque picnic areas dotted around the lake, which can be used for picnics and barbecues. Albert Park is mainly an on-lead park, but there are some designated off-lead areas where you can let your dog play and have a good run. Let us begin by acknowledging the Traditional Custodians of the land on which we travel today, and pay our respects to their Elders past and present.
Before you start any bushwalk ensure you;
• Tell someone you trust where you are going and what to do if you are overdue
• Have adequate equipment, supplies, skills & knowledge for the whole journey
• Consider the impact of weather forecasts, park/track closures & fire dangers
• Can respond to emergencies & call for help at any point
• Are healthy and fit enough for this journey.
If not, change plans and stay safe. It is okay to delay and ask people for help.