Starting from Apsley Falls rest area this circuit walk takes you through Oxley Wild Rivers National Park to several lookouts and falls. Have a picnic at the rest area or at Lions picnic area on the way back. Let us begin by acknowledging the Anaiwan & Dunghutti people, Traditional Custodians of the land on which we travel today, and pay our respects to their Elders past and present.
Before you start any bushwalk ensure you;
• Tell someone you trust where you are going and what to do if you are overdue
• Have adequate equipment, supplies, skills & knowledge for the whole journey
• Consider the impact of weather forecasts, park/track closures & fire dangers
• Can respond to emergencies & call for help at any point
• Are healthy and fit enough for this journey.
If not, change plans and stay safe. It is okay to delay and ask people for help.
Getting started From the northwestern corner of Apsley Falls rest area (off Apsley Gorge Road), head along the narrow walking track as you follow the Gorge Rim Circuit - Lions Lookout signage. Stay on the said track and pass by Lions Lookout to your right to continue along Apsley Gorge Rim Walking Track (counterclockwise).....
Directions & comments
Then pass the sign (15m on your left).
After 360m pass the car park (80m on your left).
Then come to the "Lions Lookout" viewpoint (20m on your right).