Yerong Walking Track walk in The Rock Nature Reserve - Kengal Aboriginal Place starts at the car park at the entrance to the reserve. The walk is fairly gentle at the start but becomes steeper the closer you get to the amazing views at to top of 'The Rock', that the area is named after. Take your time and enjoy the views. Let us begin by acknowledging the Wiradjuri people, Traditional Custodians of the land on which we travel today, and pay our respects to their Elders past and present.
Before you start any bushwalk ensure you;
• Tell someone you trust where you are going and what to do if you are overdue
• Have adequate equipment, supplies, skills & knowledge for the whole journey
• Consider the impact of weather forecasts, park/track closures & fire dangers
• Can respond to emergencies & call for help at any point
• Are healthy and fit enough for this journey.
If not, change plans and stay safe. It is okay to delay and ask people for help.
Getting started From the car park and picnic area at the end of The Rock Access Rd, The Rock (just off Lockhart-the Rock Rd) follow the signposted Yerrong Walking Track staring at the far end of the parking area.....
Directions & comments
Then pass the car park (7m on your left).
After 2.8km come to the viewpoint (40m on your left).